Whether you're a new yoga instructor or an experienced educator, self-confidence can ebb and flow. Authentic yoga comes from the heart, and establishing and maintaining belief in yourself can make or break establishing a connection with your students.
Our guest host Mandy Lawson, ERYT-500 founded her company Costa Yoga in 2017, and specializes in heart centered, authentic yoga teaching with a focus on Restorative and Gentle Vinyasa Flow Yoga. She has spent the last 12 years living in Costa Rica leading retreats and trainings and has recently expanded her trainings into the United States.
In this webinar, we learn how to look within to discover how to lead with confidence to better your yoga teachings.
Authentic Yoga Teaching - Lead With Confidence
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to value yourself as a person and yoga instructor
- The fact that you do not need to know everything (and how powerful that is)
- How to discover your voice and find your community
You are a unique and valuable person
Mandy says that all of your experiences, your personality, the way you have interpreted everything you’ve learned - by putting it “through the filter of you," makes you a yoga teacher (and human) like no other. This makes you special.
This means that you are going to be just what some people are looking for in a yoga teacher, and not what others are looking for, and that’s ok! That’s perfect!
You do not need to know everything
By determining what is important to you as a person and as a yoga teacher, you can become very clear on what you want to share in your classes. Which styles you want to offer, who your audience will be, etc. You do not need to do it all, or know it all!
Find your voice and your community
As you become confident in who you are, which styles and practices resonate with you, and what you’re passionate about, you will settle into your “voice” as a yoga teacher. Through this authentic sharing, you’ll attract the people who want and need what you’re offering. This creates connection and a space for true yoga to happen!
Mandy offers a variety of courses you can use to further your self-confidence and develop your leadership skills on and off the yoga mat:
- Teaching Yoga Authentically
- Restorative Yoga for Teens and Pre-Teens - In this completely online, self paced training you'll learn all you need to know to get started with sharing this practice with your own children or with the kids you teach. You'll keep access to this training for life!
- Anatomy of Yoga - This fully online, self-paced anatomy training is excellent for the yoga student who wishes to know more about how their body works, or for the Yoga Teacher who feels they need to deepen their knowledge and learn how to keep their students safe.
Download Your Free 2023 Yoga Event Calendar
About Mandy Lawson
Mandy Lawson, ERYT-500 is the founder of Costa Yoga, and specializes in heart centered, authentic yoga teaching with a focus on Restorative and Gentle Vinyasa Flow Yoga. For the last 12 years, she has lived in Costa Rica, where she leads retreats and trainings focused on the yoga lifestyle.